Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sacrifice For the Better of the Community

Loosing a friend is like the end of something great. When its over, you don't know what to do. Sometimes you look to a memory to remind you of the fun times you have with the person. Sometimes the memory clouds your thoughts, your words, and your judgement. You focus on just keeping that person around for just that second longer, but you know it is what is best for you and them. iChromeX was not just a team member, but a friend to us all. He brought new fresh ideas when we needed them most. He was the inspiration for fr0st(he liked the App Store's layout better than Cydia's) as well as many other ideas that we have had. I always looked to him for advice on many Public Relations things done, and kinda thought of him as my right hand man.

So, the only way that I see to honor him, and his ideas is to work on something that he would be proud of. What that is, I currently don't know, but I do that iChromeX knows what he wants. He is currently working on an uber secret project(even uber secret to us), so he is happy. And in the longrun, isn't that what matters most? Even when something directly affects you, you shouldn't care about yourself.

What the problem with people is that they only think for themselves, look at comex. His email is swamped with jailbreak questions because of people being self-centered. Now, should we care about the happiness of others, or our own wants?

I am happy for iChromeX, and I hope everyone realizes that he didn't want to do this, but he thought that his secret project would better the community, and the WeAmDev Team. You can't be a good community member when you only work for yourself, and yourself alone. When you give up your friends to help them and other people you /don't/ even know, thats character, so I applaud you iChromeX. Thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for us, for the community, and for everyone who will ever be helped by your new project.


Your Friend,

Rob

1 comment:

  1. Rob, I just read this. Let me tell you, nicest thing I've read in a while. And it really, really kills me to leave. But remember, all you reading this, I DO have a plan, a plan that will benefit me, Rob, WeAmDev, everyone wins in the end. To Rob, you're the best. You're the reason I didn't leave when Max and I argued. I talked to iStarstorm, personally. He sounds great, a lil like me, and his skills are like mine too: he's good with HTML, and can do some (not as much as me, but some) photo work. He should be the first person you accept into the team. It's pivotal that you listen and allow him, and others, of course, on to the team. If you don't, it will end my plan, end with everyone losing, and could possibly screw WeAmDev over. There was another guy, @qwertywelch on twitter. Accept him as a junior dev. Let iStarstorm take my job. Maybe he can't take my place, but I think you'll all like him, and he'll do my job well until the plan is complete. Please believe me, it's very important that you do this. It will work out... it should be complete in one month from the start, February 5 (my birthday! And no, that has nothing to do with the plan.)
    ~iChromeX

    ReplyDelete