Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Installer

Ok, so a few days a go I posted this. Now, I do know that we kinda promised a new Icy, but I had a (pretty) good idea. My working title for this idea is Fr0st, but not everyone is going to like this new installer.......

Before I give any real pictures I do want everyone to understand that Icy 2.x is not dead, its just I personally will not be working on it(that sosumeh's job). This is /not/ going to kill Icy in anyway.

Ok, so here is a quick look that I made in about an hour or two of (kinda) what I hope Fr0st will look like.

Look familiar?
















































Now of course the two donate buttons at the top of the first picture are place holders, but fr0st is currently a work in progress. Its kinda a closed system at the moment, but I am working on making it so you can add other repos than the defaults that we provide, but we currently are only supporting the following repos:

  • ModMyi
  • Big Boss
  • ultrasn0w
  • Cydia Telesphoreo
  • WeAmDev
  • ZodTTD

To people that pirate App Store software, we will never have Hackulo or SiNfuL as a default source(when we add custom repos you can do that then until then, use Icy 2.0 or Cydia for that).

Other than this, this works /REALLY/ fast, as in /faster/ than the App Store currently is, and will very soon be iPad compatible. So, tell me what you think of this app(it will soon be released as a proof of concept) via my twitter @RobinoFree or send it to our email weamdev@gmail.com.

Hope you guys like this first look!

1 comment: